Monday, September 7, 2015

Will It Glow?

     The other day as I was admiring my latest nail polish color and ogling over my color collecting addiction, I told my boyfriend I had enough nail polishes to paint my nails a different color every week for an entire year. To which he responded, "You should do that! And make a blog about it!"


WEEK 3: Will It Glow?
Not long ago I was meandering around Forever21 when I saw one of my old friends working behind the counter. While I wanted to say hello, I didn't want to distract them from their job, seeing as the store was really buzzing that day. Being the problem-solver he is, my boyfriend offered to buy me a nail polish I had been looking at so that we would have an excuse to talk to them at the counter. A man after my own heart. Obviously I agreed.

Here's the best part. The nail polish...
Glow In The Dark, Light Blue
Now, I know what you're thinking, because I thought the same thing. I doubt it actually works. But, 1) worst case scenario it's just a glittery light blue polish, and 2) it's free, so why not give it a shot?

In case the whole 'glowing' thing was indeed a flop I decided to paint a fun design on top, so I grabbed my handy dandy basics, black and white, as well as my fine tip nail art brushes and got to work!



Whether or not it worked, I had to give mad props to Forever21 for this ingenious idea. They put a small button on top of the lid that actually lights up the bottle! So if the polish itself didn't work, I'm wouldn't even be mad.


As soon as I replaced the top coat polish lid to it's bottle I rushed to the darkest part of the house and turned out the lights.... And there was my stripped nails glowing back at me. I was pleasantly surprised. I'll admit, it took a while to get used to the shock of the glow every time I turned out a light, and the fact that every person I informed wanted to cup their hands around my nails and test it for themselves. So I guess my excuse to visit with an old friend turned into quite the find!



I know I'm an adult, but who says I can't get giddy over something as exciting as the idea of light emitting from my finger tips? That's basically the closest I'll ever get to having a super power. So go ahead and mock me from your sad, boring, grown up world. I'll be hiding in the closet staring at my illuminated nails.

Products Used:
 
- Forever21 Glow in the Dark - Light Blue
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear- Black Out
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear - White On
*Nail Art Brush Set

No comments:

Post a Comment