Monday, September 28, 2015

Luck of the Irish

     The other day as I was admiring my latest nail polish color and ogling over my color collecting addiction, I told my boyfriend I had enough nail polishes to paint my nails a different color every week for an entire year. To which he responded, "You should do that! And make a blog about it!"


WEEK 6: Luck of the Irish
Since the dawn of time (or really since about middle school) I have been obsessed with all things  Irish. It began after my young and impressionable adolescent self watched a movie with some charming Irish bloke in it, and while I can't actually recall anything about said movie or character, what I do remember as vividly as if it were yesterday was the feeling of absolute memorization over his captivating accent. Since that day it has been my dream to visit the homeland of such an angelic voice and soak in the beautiful, green, rolling hills of Ireland.

But as dreams normally are, this was a rather distant and unattainable reality... or so I thought... until my parents and I decided to actually embark on such a journey.

Obviously, with an extraordinary adventure like this before me, I needed an extraordinary nail design to accompany me! And what would be more fitting than something green and glittery! The perfect excuse to go and buy myself a new polish!
But let's be honest, do I really need an excuse?


Now I know what you're thinking, why not do something more shamrock-y? But I mean, really, what's worse than being that tourist... So I opted for something more subtle that would keep my dignity in tact while still portraying that green, metallic charm I have grown to love so much.



Products Used:
 
- Pure Ice - Lucky Charming
- Wet n Wild WildShine - Metallica
- H&M Nail Polish - Lux Teal
- Pure Ice - Dazzle Me
- Nail Art Brush Set
*Nail Tape Stripe Decoration Stickers 

No comments:

Post a Comment