Monday, September 21, 2015

Subtle Chevron

  The other day as I was admiring my latest nail polish color and ogling over my color collecting addiction, I told my boyfriend I had enough nail polishes to paint my nails a different color every week for an entire year. To which he responded, "You should do that! And make a blog about it!"


WEEK 5: Subtle Chevron

I started out my day with a burning desire to do something completely different and out of the ordinary with my nails for this week's design. And I mean a real, out of my comfort zone, all or nothing, bright and bold beauty! This would be unlike any other nail set I had done before, something truly daring... I pulled out the flashiest color I could think of:
Bright Neon Yellow

...Obviously that was an utter disaster. So once I had gotten that foolish idea completely out of my system I floundered for as many nudes and neutrals as I could find in order to counter my terribly traumatizing previous endeavor...

Being back in my right mind at last I wanted something subtle and almost invisible, but elegant and intricate upon closer inspection, so I grabbed a basic nude base, a metallic bronze for some design, and a lovely yet simple gold glitter I picked up in a South American grocery store a few years back(when I realized I could not finish my month long vacation without painting my nails). 


I firmly believe that bold and bright colors have their time and place, and I am well known for my life-long obsession with all things loudly green, but I also believe that basic neutral colors can be just as powerful. There is something rather beautiful about a humble pattern which doesn't have to beg for attention, but when noticed, more than holds its own.



Products Used:
 
- Pure Ice - Fast Lane
- Essie - Spin the Bottle
- Jeans Scene - Gold Glitter

No comments:

Post a Comment