Monday, August 24, 2015

And So It Begins...

     The other day as I was admiring my latest nail polish color and ogling over my color collecting addiction, I told my boyfriend I had enough nail polishes to paint my nails a different color every week for an entire year. To which he responded, "You should do that! And make a blog about it!"


WEEK 1: The Peacock
I decided for my first 'test run' I wanted to bring back an old favorite design of mine, but using one of my latest nail polish ventures:
Forever21 Nail Color
 

Now, you have to understand, I'm not very picky when it comes to my polish brands, I'd much rather buy countless assorted cheap nail polishes than splurge on one fancy bottle. I'm always on the search for new bargain polishes that I like, so I wasn't about to pass up on .5 FL OZ of colorful, gooey goodness for only $2.90! And with a name like Jelly Bean, who could blame me?

Just to be on the safe side I grabbed a few tried and true neutral polishes to complete my color scheme along with my brand new dotting pens*, which were another beautiful bargain I snatched up from Amazon!



Now, I'll admit I had my doubts about the Forever21 polish. Unlike the Sally Hansen polishes, its first coat left much to be desired, but with a second and third coat it became a beautifully thick and bold statement color.



Products Used:
 
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear- Black Out
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear - White On
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear - Celeb City
- Forever21 Nail Color - Jelly Bean
- *DragonPad Dotting Pen Set 

No comments:

Post a Comment