Monday, August 31, 2015

Naked Plaid

     The other day as I was admiring my latest nail polish color and ogling over my color collecting addiction, I told my boyfriend I had enough nail polishes to paint my nails a different color every week for an entire year. To which he responded, "You should do that! And make a blog about it!"


WEEK 2: Naked Plaid
For quite some time now I have had this adorable little nail art tape*, but I haven't gotten around to using it due to pure impatience. You see, I use tape to mask off designs and I like to give my base color a good day to dry before applying tape out of a fear of the color peeling up along with the tape. My fear IS from prior experience mind you. And honestly when I want to paint my nails I want it done there and then, not over a period of two whole days! So the tape had gone unused.....

UNTIL NOW!
I finally overcame this impatience, not by being patient of course, but by weaseling my way around the problem. I decided to use the tape on my bare naked nail. Gasp. Don't worry, my nails weren't actually naked, just colorless, they had a solid base and top coat from a few days prior. The pantyhose of nail art.

Unsure of exactly what I was aiming for, and making it up as I went, I grabbed one of my absolute favorite polishes. Candie's Concrete Jungle. Maybe it's the crazy awesome name or the fact that I am sort of obsessed with gray (Don't believe me? Just check my closet) but this is one of my most used polishes. I also grabbed a newly bought Pure Ice blue to try out. 


It's worth mentioning that the tape did bleed a tad bit. You can't really tell in the picture but the edges of the gray that touched the tape turned bright pink. Honestly, it looks rather cool and artistic in person, but it may not look that way with other colors and designs. But nonetheless, I am a fan now and I can't wait to use these tapes for more complicated patterns in the future!



Products Used:
 
- Candie's - Concrete Jungle
- Pure Ice - Tealicious
- Seche Vite - Dry Fast Top Coat
- *Nail Tape Stripe Decoration Stickers 

No comments:

Post a Comment