Monday, October 12, 2015

Autumn Aumbré

  The other day as I was admiring my latest nail polish color and ogling over my color collecting addiction, I told my boyfriend I had enough nail polishes to paint my nails a different color every week for an entire year. To which he responded, "You should do that! And make a blog about it!"


WEEK 8: Autumn Aumbré
Now before you get your panties all in a bunch, yes, I did just use that phrase, I am indeed aware how to actually spell the word Ombré, but for the sake of visual alliterations, I made do. And if you don't like it... I really couldn't care less.

In an attempt to feed my addiction while convincing myself I'm actually just cultured, it has become a tradition of mine to buy myself a new nail polish, or two, whenever I go traveling somewhere new and extraordinary. And by tradition I mean I've done it twice now.. But just give me time.

Anyways, while I was in Ireland last month I picked up a lovely copper colored polish at a tiny side shop I came across while roaming the streets of Killarney, and ever since that moment I have been absolutely ecstatic about it! Not only do I love all things shiny and metallic, but it is the perfect shade for all the fall color sets I have been planning to do. I really can't even begin to explain how difficult it was to finally settle on which polishes to pair with it for this weeks set. But after much blood, sweat, and tears...



Considering the boldness of this new polish, I wanted to gradually bring it into the set, so as not to overpower the other colors. I decided the best way to do this would be to use a gradient technique I had long since placed in the untouched back closet of my mind. But just like many hidden away compartments, there are wondrous forgotten treasures waiting to be rediscovered. This process was one of those treasures.

I began with a single coat of the lighter of the two colors as a base to build from. Next I made two thin side by side puddles of each polish on a piece of paper. Using a small piece of sponge I lifted the color from the paper and lightly dabbed it onto my nail, moving slightly side to side to cover the whole width of the nail in color.

After I had done this with each nail I repeated the procedure on each nail a second time, but this time I moved the sponge ever so slightly back and forth vertically on the nail, blending the colors and making the separating line between the colors less defined.


If I had paid more attention to the color choices before starting I might have had some foreshadowing of just how much I was going to love this subtle, yet bold and elegant set. However, it was not until after all was said and done that I actually took note of the names of these polishes..
Spin the Bottle, Copper Kiss, and Scandal



Products Used:
 
- Make Up Gallery Time to Shine - Copper Kiss 7
- Pure Ice - Scandal 
- Essie - Spin the Bottle
Nail Art Brush Set

No comments:

Post a Comment