Monday, September 14, 2015

Marbled Earth

     The other day as I was admiring my latest nail polish color and ogling over my color collecting addiction, I told my boyfriend I had enough nail polishes to paint my nails a different color every week for an entire year. To which he responded, "You should do that! And make a blog about it!"


WEEK 4: Marbled Earth
For this week's post I wanted to try something that I haven't done for quite some time. Nail Marbling. Not only is this technique extremely easy for how awesome it looks, but it is truly an almost spiritual creative experience! No two results look the same, both from manicure to manicure, and from nail to nail. One is conceiving a brand new and unique masterpiece that can never be perfectly duplicated again... plus it's a delightfully messy process!

Considering the fact that I would be creating said brand new pattern, it seemed only fitting to grab a few brand new colors as well. Since I normally tend to go for more gray-scale color schemes I've had a few more earthy toned polishes sitting unused in my marvelous ever-growing nail polish collection. The two that had been particularly calling to me lately were a dark olive green I got for a great discount and an extremely light pastel green given to me as a gift.

I gathered together some toothpicks, scotch tape, lot's of paper towels, a cup of room temperature water and let the sloppy fun begin!


Honestly, this has been one of my favorite designs I've done in quite a while, and by far my favorite marbling result I've ever had. The colors complimented each other so well and blended in some spots to make a simply beautiful earthy gray tone. I definitely see more marbling experiments in my future!



Products Used:
 
- Nabi - Pastel L. Blue
- Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure - Olive Branch

1 comment:

  1. That looks like fun! I definitely don't have time for such detailed nail polishing, but that is a technique I would love to try in the future.

    ReplyDelete